Sunday, March 1, 2009

I love my kids!

Our beautiful Amanda a few years ago. Isn't she lovely?

I just got off the phone with Amanda. She is doing great! She has learned so much about being an adult this past school year. She returns home to us in Maine the beginning of May - by then she will have just one year of school left. This summer she plans on working days at House of Logan like last year and evenings as a waitress at one of the restaurants down near to pier in Boothbay Harbor. This will giver her enough money to be largely self-sufficient next year so we will have enough money to support she and Davis when he starts school at BYU-I in January. They will both come home in the spring, then he's off on a mission and she'll have her BA and can start saving for a mission herself. If everything works out, she will be able to leave about six months after Davis and they will return home about the same time.

I suppose that this sounds like I've planned it all out for them and that they have not had much of an input. I suppose that's right, but I think they are both thinking about the same thing (correct me if I'm wrong, kids, so I can get it right!). Manda could meet some RM, fall madly in love, and get married in the blink of an eye (Lynda was just over a year older than Amanda is right now when we were married...scary! I'm not old enough to have a married daughter, am I?).

2 comments:

  1. I got married on my 19th birthday.
    Is that scary for you too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha....I love you dad!!!

    ReplyDelete