Saturday, February 13, 2010

Update

It's been a while since I have written. A lot has happened. Both Amanda and Davis are in college now - Amanda at UVU in Orem, and Davis at BYU-I. Davis has his missionary papers in and is hoping to leave for the mission-field this coming April. Amanda is hoping to graduate from college this summer. She is thinking of going on a mission as well - possibly August. This all begs the question, "Am I old enough to have kids who are college graduates?" Also, "Am I mature enough to have children on missions?" Time will tell.

I was called as branch president in December last year. Scary! There are definitely some challenges in our branch. I hope I can help to make things a little better for people and don't make them any worse. I have two really good counselors and a great branch council - how much damage can I do?

Lynda is teaching at Southport Elementary two days a week - Spanish on Mondays and Music on Wednesdays. She is also our seminary teacher. She really enjoys it, and is making lasting relationships with both students and parents.

Evan is in 5th grade and Daniel is in 2nd grade. They are learning to be friends, complete their homework on time, and contribute in primary. Daniel just had his 8th birthday and was baptized last Sunday. He was well prepared and often comments that he has heard the still, small voice. Evan turns 11 in July, so will become a Boy Scout. Both he and Daniel enjoy Cub Scouts, and are very involved in activities and fund raising.

No comments:

Post a Comment